I do.....NOT
Since when is YOUR marriage everyone else's' business???
So I've been dating my b/f for about 4 years. Everyone is pressuring us about when we're getting married. I feel like running away and getting married, not telling anyone. It's so annoying.
Plus you have these people that are getting married or know people that are getting married and ALL they ever talk about is the god forsaken wedding. It's almost they had no life before it and will have no life afterward.
I'm sick and tired of the pressure of getting married, I don't need it. I'm not even sure marriage is for me or whether or not I am the marrying kind.
All I've seen is unhappily married people, my parents, aunts and uncles, divorced friends and family. If you asked me if I knew ONE couple that was happily married, I'd have to say other than my b/f's parents (whom I don't know all that well) I don't know ANYONE that is happily married.
Then you have all these desperate girls begging their b/f's to marry them. My theory is, live your life like you're single, and if it happens, it does, and what a pleasant surprise it will be if it does.
I love my son, my girlfriends, my family (sometimes), my job, my car, my apartment. So if I'm not married or engaged does that make me less of a person? Does it make my relationship with my boyfriend any less important? I don't think so. Maybe if people getting married gave as much attention to their relationship rather than one friggen day, there'd be a lot less divorce in the world.
Maybe that's just me...
So I've been dating my b/f for about 4 years. Everyone is pressuring us about when we're getting married. I feel like running away and getting married, not telling anyone. It's so annoying.
Plus you have these people that are getting married or know people that are getting married and ALL they ever talk about is the god forsaken wedding. It's almost they had no life before it and will have no life afterward.
I'm sick and tired of the pressure of getting married, I don't need it. I'm not even sure marriage is for me or whether or not I am the marrying kind.
All I've seen is unhappily married people, my parents, aunts and uncles, divorced friends and family. If you asked me if I knew ONE couple that was happily married, I'd have to say other than my b/f's parents (whom I don't know all that well) I don't know ANYONE that is happily married.
Then you have all these desperate girls begging their b/f's to marry them. My theory is, live your life like you're single, and if it happens, it does, and what a pleasant surprise it will be if it does.
I love my son, my girlfriends, my family (sometimes), my job, my car, my apartment. So if I'm not married or engaged does that make me less of a person? Does it make my relationship with my boyfriend any less important? I don't think so. Maybe if people getting married gave as much attention to their relationship rather than one friggen day, there'd be a lot less divorce in the world.
Maybe that's just me...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home